Sunday, 4 April 2021

280 Easter Sunday

 



" Easter Sunday "

It didn't feel much like Easter today. For the first time I can remember there were not even Easter eggs for the kids. It's becoming a recurring theme. We left it so late to get eggs there were none there when we arrived. Just like mothers day. Just like advent calenders at Christmas. Lockdown has played its part but I feel also my wife has found these ocassions less significant since she lost her mum. A year ago she was due to spread her ashes with her sisters but lockdown prevented that and still they sit in an empty house. The kids had to make do with little chocolate eggs and strangely didn't seem that bothered either. It didn't feel like Easter. We never went out.

The image above is from 3 years ago. I am at least thankful for these memories. I missed out on the picnics and egg rolls for a decade due to agoraphobia. I can't say when and if I'll do it again for so many reasons but I do at least have these. For a couple of years I got that normality again to have memories which would otherwise have been well faded one of 15 years past or so. I don't know if this was the reason I managed to get up those times but as I said I am thankful I did. It will never be the same now but that is how life works. Many more happy times at this period of the year may still be ahead of us. 

No comments: