I am showing my naivety here with relation to the electoral system but I thought when I applied for a postal vote I would then vote. In actual fact what I applied for was the ability to vote by post. Ironically in this exchange of emails I found out the body dealing with this is just 2 minutes walk away. That was handy. The lady said I'd be pushing it to make the cutoff date on Tuesday but thankfully the registration form arrived today. My initial thought was to get it completed, walk to the council building and deliver it. It turns out it's even easier than that. You fill out the form, scan it with your phone and email it. Done.
Or at least I think that is it done. I just got an automated response which did not actually acknowledge by attachment. All it said was it purpose as a non-replying drop box. Only time will tell. There was an option to vote by post every time but I want to take each scenario as it presents itself rather than giving up wholesale. Not that I am giving up. I want to vote but if I found myself in a long queue having to do it I'd pull out. This is my best chance of voting. I don't think it will make any difference but I'd feel better knowing I at least lent my voice.

No comments:
Post a Comment