Today it felt like step 1 in returning to some kind of normal with step 2 due next Monday. Today for the first time in a long while, so long I can't remember when, I was alone at home. The youngest two returned to high school full time, oldest was as work and wife returned to her primary job at the aqua centre. The latter for cleaning duties only ahead of the public being permitted entry in 7 days time.
It feels real this time. It doesn't feel like the schedule back to new normal is going to be halted or reversed. It feels now like a linear process to that end. The number of vaccinations is speeding up like a bullet train and the number of infections is falling. Sadly people are still dying so that still deserved caution. Hopefully in that process to wellness for the nation the mortality rate for covid 19 infections will sit at zero. We can only hope.
Today for me it has been about getting my own house in order. I have my own plan back to wellness and routine. I am confident I can get there again but without the previous dread haunting me I can stay there this time. I am hoping this is my final jab back to my own normality.

No comments:
Post a Comment