Thursday, 1 April 2021

277 April fool

 



" April fool "

It's a stupid day really, pointless. I like a laugh, a joke and a wind up but these don't need a specific day to do it. Ordinarily I would say it doesn't matter. I mean if I don't like it then just ignore it. But there is another side to it to. It creates doubt. A joke should be easily separated from reality but it's not always the case. How far would someone push a joke?

Anyway I got a text about a family member I no longer associate with saying they were in a bad way in hospital. Without going further than that I would say I was not entirely convinced it was genuine. Probably was. In fact probably 99% sure it was but this stupid day creates that 1% doubt. Either way it's information I've received, acknowledged and disposed of.

Besides all that I think it is getting harder to prank people now anyway. Everyone expects it. Everyone looks for a name that is an anagram of the dupe. It's probably run its course. 

No comments: