My anxiety problems are irrational but that doesn't stop it happening. Panic hits hard because it's its out of place. Sometimes though it's not out of place and my panic is just like your panic. The panic isn't the problem in these cases, it's the source.
My wife is away as I said yesterday. I made the kids hot dogs for lunch and served them up. All good. There were some frankfurters left so I decided to cut these up for the dog. As I was doing so I had a couple of bits and realised how hungry I was so with a spare roll I made myself a dog and the other dog still got his fill.
A few minutes later the kids were staring at me trying to stifle their laughter. I was choking, they didn't realise the severity of the situation. It was scary. A bit of roll as it happens was the culprit and would not go down. It was just me and two unaware kids and full blown panic. If the kids had been aware it would not really have made any difference. Anyway all was well in the end obviously or I would not be posting. I don't know though what transpired. It was blind panic and seemed to last forever. Minutes later I was sitting trying to drink from a glass of water but my throat was so muscularly sore that it wasn't great. Its a blank as to how it ended. I went from choking to not choking with no idea what happened to the offending culprit.
It's only the second time it has ever happened to me but strangely also the second time in a year. I've had a few swallowing problems in the past 5 years infrequently but always seemingly around bread or butter. Scary but all good in the end.

No comments:
Post a Comment