" New Normal "
The "new normal" has become an overused phrase during the gradual loosening of lockdown but remains a very apt one. Six months ago who would have thought we'd need to do GP appointments over the phone and where a mask to ride on public transport. It's strange. All 3 kids have their own face mask and bottle of sanitizer whether they are going to school or out with friends. Will things ever be the same again? Will we see crowds at sporting events? Will the concert halls ever be full again? We really do not know at this time.
I wonder, maybe hope, that one day we will look back and see it was a massive overreaction. I don't mean that in terms of taking death lightly but looking at the way the likes of Sweden has dealt with things. Again we don't know what was the right way and it's not about points scoring. It would just be nice to think this may pass and one day just be a bad memory- again not for all those who have lost someone. I'm not good at putting this across in the sensitive way I would like but simply I just hope one day this is over and at the moment we don't know if that will be the case. The new normal could possibly just be the normal thge longer it goes on. I hope not.

No comments:
Post a Comment