Thursday, 6 August 2020

039 Hotel


"Hotel"

It was five years ago that I stayed overnight in a hotel for the first time in almost a decade. Its a long time now since the last time I did not sleep in my own home and even longer since that time was in a hotel. So long that I can't remember when. I could look back but there is little point, it doesn't matter.

I know its 5 years because my phone reminds me of the fact in an alert. I do love this feature of Google photos. It's nice to reminisce. I'll often hear my wife say to the kids: "do you know 3 years ago we were in...". It's nice. It's nice to remember these things. But in the past 2 years there is not a lot to remember. These older memories though inspire me to push out again. I have a hunger to make new memories to look back on in years to come. 

No comments: