"Meetings"
The summer holidays don't feel like they have started but are in face just about over. This time next day will be the last free day for the kids ahead of a return to school the next day. Well that is the plan at least but it really is changing day to day. If I'm honest I think it's too soon. We are OK but I know of lots of kids who go to elderly relatives after school because their parents are at work and that for me is an unneeded risk. Just my take on it.
My boy had planned to do things with his friends over summer but today was the first opportunity to do so. It was strange to see him put his excitement to one side for a minute while he looked for his face mask and sanitizer. Changing times. I walked him to the point photographed above with the dog and let him go. A photo with his friends would have been more relevant but also more creepy so this will do.
I'm well aware I have been overprotective with all 3 kids even before lockdown but it's just in my makeup. Now they are all st an age where they go and do their own thing. I didn't need to walk the boy there today but he didn't mind and I had to walk the dog anyway. I think all 3 kids are starting to enjoy their independence even if that did take a hit in lockdown. But judging by the amount of bodies in the park today things are pretty much returning back to normal for the kids. They are meeting up in numbers again.

No comments:
Post a Comment