Coincidence? Fate? Synchrodestiny? I really don't know but I love seeing patterns and noticing trails. I've stumbled over many which makes me think coincidence is too easy an explanation but then what is the alternative? A design for everything?
This trail here for example. Last weekend my wife took the kids up north leaving me with the dog. A day after they came back I went into the bathroom and noticed a set of bathroom scales. We have not had scales for many years which is just as well as I got very obsessed with weight at one time. And that thought took me to another time long ago when I read a few Michael Palin books following his travels. One was "A Hemingway adventure" and in that a Palin apparently visited Hemingway's last abode where he ended things. In the bathroom Hemingway had shown a similar weight obsession weighing himself every day and noting these on the wall.
As I said my obsession was similar though j wrote weights in a notebook rather than straight onto the wall. From 2009 to 2015 I recorded my weight worryingly as each of those years I appeared to be losing pounds. The early notes were around 12.5 stone but by 2014 it was more than a stone lighter. Maybe not s worry in itself but when I got ill just before the anxiety problems started I went from 14 stone or there abouts to 12.5 in a couple of months. I could not put weight on and deliberately ate more than I should in an attempt to stop losing more. In 2015 when I stopped smoking that changed. As the imagd shows above being underweight is no longer an issue.
Anyway it got me thinking to that book which then got me thinking about how I'd never seen the series it was based on. A quick check informed me it was made in 1999. Then I saw a link which I clicked and which took me to the BBC iplayer. Incredibly the 4 part series is there available to view. Strange that I have been viewing documentaries on that very site and there within was another to watch sparked by a rogue purchase from my wife. My weekend viewing is sorted.

No comments:
Post a Comment