Friday, 21 August 2020

Lurgy

 

I won't say I wasn't a little concerned because I was when I woke the other day with a sore throat. Proper sore throat with burning all the way from the back to the right inner ear. Then the stinging sore eyes. And finally a beauty of a headache which has persisted for 2 days now. In that short space the dog has found a more frequent high pitched and overall piercing bark which is like a further mallet to the mullet each time. Not fun times. Concern initially of course. Kids back to school. 'R' number rising as a result. Clusters being reported here there and everywhere. I think anyone has a right at the moment for concern but now I am less so.

There are two things. The main thing is that, finally, I remembered this is how it usually is. When the kids return to school after summer it usually brings with it the lurgy as they all meet up in one building to pass their germs and bring them home. I am sure that is all it is this time. There is one small other possibility and that is a few times now when I have restarted my walks I have started to get illness symptoms--headaches being the main one. Not always though. What I have learned is though to rule it out I have to lay off the walks for a few days. That is what I will do.

Feeling under the weather but its nothing new this time of year. I'll get under the duvet for a bit and watch some more TV to recharge. 

No comments: