Above is a railway bridge which has become one of my many portals from the noisy urban sprawl into the quieter more serene woodlands. I feel my anxiety levels drop similar to when I see the sea though not as much. Maybe it's because although the woodlands are an escape from the cars and the throng they are not totally without their unsavoury types. But it's a better alternative than walking by the roadsides or through public parks. I'm not a sociable type. I tend not to want conversation and instead walk with my head down. In the woodlands I feel more free.
If I had my normal tools I'd take the above shot further back making the foreground black and white leading into colour. It feels like a Wizard of Oz moment entering from the brick and exiting into nature. As much as I am not keen on where I live I am thankful that there are many places to escape too unlike the new town I was brought up in. I'm glad of the chance to escape and know over time those escapes will get longer and further which I look forward to.

No comments:
Post a Comment