Today I pushed further out than I have for a while. In fact the furthest I have gone this year. I said recently I have 2 routes to Bothwell over bridges and used to use this as a circuit regularly-- its about a 4 mile loop. I'm still a long way off that but slowly eating my way into it. Its much the same as the early days when I could not walk around my own block-- about a third of a mile. The idea is t o walk so far clockwise one day and anti-clockwise the next. Each time push a little more until they join up.
As I said this loop has a bridge on both sides crossing the river Clyde. Another strange similarity is the changing landscape on both sides of the river. Both had bare land ahead as you crossed the bridge just a year ago. Over the past 4 or 5 years I was doing that walk that has always been the case. Now both are filled with housing. On the West side, above, are more affordable housing. By affordable I mean in comparison to the East side which is luxury housing, below. It feels like not a blade of glass is allowed to grow if bricks and mortar can be put upon it. Just out my window there is a patch of grass which has been earmarked by a builder to cram several new homes in to. And yet still there are not enough homes.


No comments:
Post a Comment