This week provided a day for my wife and I to be proud of as our first born started her first job. Its not been an easy path. There have been many problems along the way and those problems don't stop here - it's a day to day thing. Too many problems to list but more importantly issues I don't feel comfortable putting out there even sort of anonymously because her life is her own. All I will say is that she struggled with the social side of school so she dropped out early and has been at home ever since. Not the best situation mentally for her.
Given these problems getting an interview has been difficult. In my mind though I thought that would be the easy part. It was therefore a massive surprise given her issues that she sailed through the interviews and was actually praised for how well she conducted herself. It has led to a job as a care worker. Early days but regardless of what happens next we are extremely proud that she has turned things around. And it wasn't the easiest of starts as she started at 7:45 and came home after 22:00 with a 2 hour break in between. She appeared to enjoy it though. Its not her chosen vocation but she might have accidentally found an area she might excel in.
How the time passes. When I started this blog she was in primary one. It feels so long ago now yet at the same time some aspects feel like yesterday. Life marches on too fast. A year from now her sister may be looking for work in a different situation given her exams have been scrapped. Strange times but maybe better times ahead.

No comments:
Post a Comment