There are only so many times I can talk about walks and more so when they are not very varied in location. It is though about the only thing I do at the moment outside of hope with the exception of shopping. I hope in time that changes. For now though my topics are limited.
If possible I try to deviate but it is not always possible. It depends how I feel generally. Sometimes the quickest path is all I can manage. It's not just anxiety though. In lockdown there has been a wind of change around these parts, not a good one. There is a sense of menace in the air. Crime is on the up. Groups of kids dressed in black with hoodies up and scarves over faces are more commonly found in quieter areas. I don't feel as safe as I used to if I am honest. I don't like that because it stunts my sense of adventure and exploration which I need to push on.
Today I felt I could deviate but instead of exploring woodland I stuck to an open field. It was not my best idea. Melted snow soaked a usually waterlogged bog making it tough going. It was a change if nothing else. And as it was wide open I could see clarity in all directions. Weirdly it's the sort of scene I would have associated with agoraphobia in a former life: fear of open spaces. That is not agoraphobia at all. Open spaces are a good thing. For me at least.

No comments:
Post a Comment