Monday, 25 January 2021

211 Fractions

 



" Fractions "

It may be the bard's birthday here in Scotland but its a part of Scottish culture I've never been able to connect to. I like pottery but not overly and not Burns unfortunately. No haggis, neeps and tatties for me tonight as we are having tacos. That will do me fine.

Hopefully by then I'll have shifted this headache. Its a tension headache emminating from the tightness in the neck caused by frustration. Just one of those days. After melting my brain with physics last week I was more in my comfort zone today helping with fractions as part of home schooling. It's relevant or more so at least. We use fractions all the time in retail, accounting and the like. We all know one quarter is 1/4 as a fraction and 0.25 as a decimal. That was all good.

The headache came from Apple and then Google. The two big ones. A morning of frustration, lost time, cursing and hair pulling as well as a 1001 Web searches. Firstly Apple. In short my daughter has a 32b phone which is full to capacity because of a 20Gb "Unknown System file". If it was Android I'd just access it and remove it. Not on an iPhone though. Know Apple won't allow a pleb like me to access a file. I read tons of frustrated users experiencing the same thing. It's one of many reasons I don't touch Apple.

Google though is heading in the same direction. What was simple previously they are not locking down too. I took that photo above because my daughter had no space on her phone to take it herself and them shared it with her on Google Photos. Could I then move it simply from her Google Photos to Drive? More cursing, of course not. It used to work but they changed it. I had to do it the long way and then found she has a different personal account to schools account. Lovely. It's done now but several hours later the headache remains. Technology used to be kids play to me but with age my brain is not processing as smoothly. 

No comments: