Rip it up and start again, indeed. I'm not going down the route of trying to fit song lyrics in my posts despite the fun I could have doing that. It's just that sometimes I see a phrase and cannot prevent a song entering my head. Here the sentiment is right but only part of the action is correct so far.
Our home has got to that age where it haser lived its purpose from a new build. The interior door handles are limp and taps are not working as they should. And so many other things. Then there is this appearance of water under the floor tiles in the bathroom. This is a concern as the toilet is not original. In fact it's only 5 years old at most. The floor tiles younger. It was not so long ago I spent days prising up the 15 year old originals and then placing these new ones. Now I had to rip them up again. I spent half the day fretting about doing it and then an hour pulling them up, mopping up water and drying out with a hairdryer. From there when I knew it was all dry I placed kitchen roll around it to see where wetness started, the source.
Rather depressingly two wet patches appeared behibd and either side of the toilet suggesting possibly a leak but more likely condesation. Then blots started around the pan, one either side. It suggests possibly three leaks at the moment. We'll need to get a plumber. And my painting from the end of last year is ruined in that area so will need done again.
Not this weekend though. Thankfully it's slow enough that we can keep cleaning it every 6 hours or so with kitchen roll. Just something else to add to the to-do list.

No comments:
Post a Comment