I stood on a bridge today watching trains come and go while asking myself if I should get on one again soon. This one above has just left Blantyre Station to arrive at Hamilton West 3 minutes later. I can walk it so why would doing it by train be a problem? It is a problem. When those doors shut anxiety shoots through the roof until they open again. Does this hark back to the crash? In the aftermath of that we were trapped as there was no power to open the doors. I cannot recall how long that lasted or how we got out. Is that dear lurking still?
Ironically my journeys stopped partly because I could not afford to repetitively go on trains yet for months my kids have been using them at no cost. No conductors except in the city. I'm not sure how Scotrail can afford it. The carriages remain fairly empty so now would be the best time but I cannot bring myself to do it. If nothing else it's non essential travel. I'll leave it for another day but it will happen. For now I need to expand my world on foot. Only then can I contemplate other methods.

No comments:
Post a Comment