Wednesday, 20 January 2021

206 Soup

 



" Soup "

I've got an ever-growing file on my phone outlining coincidences experienced since the first lockdown 10 months ago. I've probably mentioned it. It's size surprizes me. I expect many more. No big revelations or the like but just things I have noticed.

One such incident was a recent mail with my aunt who is around 30 years older. We were talking about things and she was saying how she felt the younger generation were losing out by not being taught simple life skills. Simple things like managing money to making a meal from cheap or few ingredients. She had 4 boys and the thing they always loved was homemade soup. Me too. I was never taught how to make it but my wife was by her mum and every 3 or 4 months she will make a pot while freezing the excess in freezer bags. And later with this in mind and without muttering a word my wife took it upon herself to cook another big pot. Just another little coincidence.

I mention it though because it ticks all the boxes normally but at this time of year there is nothing better after coming in from the cold following a walk. It's tasty, filling, healthy and cheap. I'm going to have to learn how to make it myself. It seems those simple life skills have passed me by but it's never too late I suppose. 

No comments: