Wednesday, 27 January 2021

213 Slow drip

 



" Slow drip "

Above is a message I scribbled on the board in the kitchen as the last one standing lest I forget. Everyone in bed and just me having been in the bathroom and felt water coming from the floor tiles. A leak in front of the cistern? Possibly. Or it could even be condensation. I just don't know. Another worry to take to slumber and keep me from sleep.

In the cold light of day no more clarity. We have a small bathroom with a bath, a sink and a toilet. No window. The only ventilation comes from an extractor fan. There is too much condensation. Far too much. For a few years now basins behind the toilets have caught this extra moisture and a plumber assured us that is all it was. Now I'm not sure. In a house it would be a small problem but in a second floor flat I fear for the man below. It's just something else going wrong. It's at that age. All the taps are starting to leak and interior door handles going limp and said doors sticking in frames. 

I'm going to have to investigate but not until the weekend as it needs dedicated time and with home schooling I don't have that until then. The toilet itself has water continually running and that may be a factor too. I can't get that fixed until I get the paint job fixed behind as my wife won't allow a plumber to see the mess from mould in the short space of time since I painted it. I'm just no good at these things. I wish I was but it remains and I cannot leave it any longer. I'm going to have to strip it all out, clean all down, dry it all with a hairdryer and hope I can find the source of the problem. And at some point if all is well retile and repaint but I'll worry about that another day. 

No comments: