Saturday, 30 January 2021

216 The last teen

 



" The last teen "

When I first started blogging the boy was just over 5 months old, my oldest had just turned 5 years old. How time flies. People would say: they don't stay young long. People would insist we enjoy those years while we can because they would vanish fast. The kids would be big before we knew it. And no doubt these people had been told the same and like myself too little notice. But it's so true. I cannot believe today the boy became a teenager, the last teenager. It has flown by.

It's been a strange old day. Like so many kids it has been a bit of a non event unfortunately. Even getting presents has been a nightmare. I feel sorry for him. He left primary school last year without any final day celebrations and his start to high school has been interrupted. Of course its not just him. Everyone in his year across the land is in the same boat. Time passes, sometimes too quickly. I wish this period would pass quickly and we can get back to normal again. 

No comments: