One job today. A short job at that. Never goes that way though does it? In these great times instead of sitting trying to work out a set of instructions you can go on to YouTube and usually see the process done for you. And that was the case here. As luck would have it I found a video with the exact same boiler as ours which has been clunking away given the pressure is low. Straight forward. There is a filling key attached below, insert it, turn to lock and then turn another valve to increase the pressure to 1.5. Simples. My only concern was the line about some water may come out which is normal but if more than normal comes out then the valve may not be tight. Too many times I have found myself in a bad scenario.
Anyway I followed the instructions but the key did not insert fully. It slipped in effortlessly for the guy in the video. It would need some grunting from me but that could also cause a bigger problem. I searched online to find that is a common problem. O e guy I read about did manage to force it with brute strength but water then kept dripping. A big sigh. Will have to leave that alone and add it to the list of unfinished jobs. I don't know why these things are so complicated as I am sure with our last boiler you just turned a valve and that was that. Will have to leave it to a professional who will no doubt charge a fortune to turn a key.

No comments:
Post a Comment