Today I went for a bit of a meander through town for my walk which I have not done for a while. I was pleasantly surprised to find it alive. More alive than I ever imagined. I've not really been keeping up with what the latest rules are so didn't realise people were now drinking indoors. Ironic that given the beautiful weather. I passed man beer gardens, pubs and restaurants because although this is a small town it does seem to have more than its fair share of these things. Mind you I grew up in a new town where it was a lot sparser so that may be why.
It was good to hear happiness. People did seem to be enjoying themselves and maybe rightly so after being locked up so long. Later I saw photos of busy beaches. I heard on the radio traffic was jammed on that crappy road in and out of Loch Lomond. Everyone out and about which is good but my concern is how that will affect the infection rate. Glasgow City, which borders me, is still a tier higher than the rest and these borders are virtual. Half of the vaccines there for under 40s were not taken up at the centre. If only. I could have still went on the train there like a few years ago to the ssec then I could have got a jag there as they were allowing a drop in for the unused doses. Not to be but in time it will get better I am sure.

No comments:
Post a Comment