Wednesday, 5 May 2021

Vote cast

  





I do always leave it until the last minute but finally yesterday I posted my vote. Its done. Not that it matters really in the grand scheme of things. The SNP will still rule the roost when it's all over due to the unionist vote being split and just as divided down the middle the Scottish people will remain. One thing it is sure to do is open up those old wounds from 7 years and begin in a period of hate and fall outs among friends and family. Let the fun begin.

I am of course talking about the Scottish elections. For years I didn't vote but as I overcame my agoraphobia I did vote a few times. This time however it is a sign of how things are at the minute that I have had to cast my vote by post. I have now done so as I said. And as I also said about its just division upon division everywhere you look except for the SNP who have their own fan club that never wavers. They are no bigger in numbers than the non-SNP voters but they are not divided so they always win.  What is the point really? 

That said tomorrow I will no doubt end up watching the declarations as I usually do and although I usually set out to watch it all I end up turning off when a sea of yellow fills the map of Scotland. Drug death capital of Europe. Scandal in Parliament. The exam fiasco which was overturned by the youth. Covid positive sufferers put into care homes at the cost of many lives. I see the appeal. But it's a democracy of course. I accept that- though I wish others would have accepted that in 2014. Its clear the government will continue for a 4th term and whether that is with a majority or with its environmental wing (Scottish greens) in its back pocket is irrelevant. Its only about breaking up the UK and unfortunately half of Scotland want to do that regardless of what that means. There is more than a tinge of inevitability about that unfortunately. 

No comments: