Tuesday, 25 May 2021

330 Detour

 



" Detour "

I do like when things go better than expected. I put that partly down to planning paying off so I am glad of that. Embarking on another attempt at recovery I have scaled down the walking part as I said previously to walking 5 days a week rather than all 7. For the first 2 weeks I have seen the benefits. This week more so. The plan is walking Monday to Friday with the weekend off to recharge. Yesterday however I couldn't get out. My wife and oldest were away all weekend returning lady night. Other two at school. Dog unwilling to go past the end of street. And to boot the boy ordered a new controller for his games console and I had to wait in for that. It was supposed to come Thursday but I hot an alert on the afternoon saying it would arrive thst night.

I was already a little concerned about having two days off as it meant losing moment so I was less than happy about having three days off. It was though needed. It means a walk on Saturday and only one day off before the next block but that is OK. Better that than starting over because I cannot keep up. With that layoff I expected today to be hard. It wasn't. It was possibly the best so far. I did a circuit that I plan once a week then took a detour on top to go through woodland I had not passed through in a couple of years. Not entirely comfortable which I expected but even less so when I remembered a story about a group of people living down that way. No dramas though.

It felt like another small step forward in the right direction. Any deviation from the norm is a good sign. Managing to stick to a route is a push so adding to it on any given day is the mutation required for different outcomes long term. The break in between is definitely helping. 

No comments: