Tuesday, 18 May 2021

323 Down to the river

 



" Down to the river "

It was one of those surprising walks today. Unplanned and unexpected. As I walked though woodland battered by hailstones I didn't see it being anything other than a short walk. When I got to my destination to find it had taken less than a mile I again felt it would be a quick one. But I pushed on. Just a little. Suddenly in my head there was a place to go. Not far, I thought. Down to the water. So I pushed on. And on. Turns out it was much further than I remember. I got there but it was not comfortable. It was twice as far as I remembered and so twice as far back so I did not linger. It was though good to get down to the water again. I will no doubt repeat it soon. 

No comments: