I went out for a walk today for the first time in a while and it was OK. First time since the 24th of last month which is a note that things need to improve on that score and they will from Monday. I've been using excuses where there are none. My wife has worked about 10 days straight and some of those have been stretched over 12 hours of the day so stuck with a dog who won't budge I have not been walking. But it can be done.
The walk was much easier than expected. A very strange point was after climbing stairs I did not find the usual breathlessness. It all went well but the lay off had me labouring where I hadn't been previously. Only regular walks will change that. That is the plan.
One other thought occurred to me: when was the last time I spent an hour or more outside? I actually thought I had done it today but it was only 45 minutes. Looking back I found the only times I did it this year didn't really count as they happened outside the front door talking to my brother on the phone. The speaker on my phone is too low so on a call I tend to go out to hear it. I have not otherwise spent an hour outside this year. The dog walks have been 10 minutes at most, walks alone have been 45 minutes and shopping takes 30 to 40 minutes. It's poor. I need to do more and see from Monday I need to set some goals. That is my first. I must spend an hour outdoor walking, sitting or all else without distraction.

No comments:
Post a Comment