Tuesday, 14 July 2020

016 Boundaries



"Boundaries"

Since lockdown I've not been venturing out much except to the shops and localised dog walks. As such I have become unsure of my agoraphobic boundaries. That could have been a good or a bad thing. No surprise it's the latter. My son starts high school next month and so needs a blazer. My wife took him by train to get one today so I walked them down to the train with the dog. Or st least that was thd intention. I got close but then all the old fears kicked in and I turned back before getting to the end.

It gives me an indication of where I am at but that unfortunately is where I was 7 years ago when attempting to travel by train again. Today I got to where step one of three was last time. On a positive note though unlike last time I have the knowledge that I did actually complete the journey eventually. Also last time I was pushing myself out every day whereas I have not been this time so when I do I should improve quicker this time. Its just the start of another journey. Today a boundary was set and tomorrow I start to push it.

No comments: