Friday, 24 July 2020

026 Dark



"Dark"

I do like walking in the dark, more so when it rains like tonight. Its too warm, at eighteen degrees nearing midnight, to where a coat so a good temperature to have a stroll. Not a soul in sight so the dog is calm making the walk all the more enjoyable. It is definitely my favourite time which in no small way down down to be surrounded by busy roads. During the day these are too noisy and with the brightness it's agitating. At night the roads ard silent. There is peace.

When I first set out over a decade ago to overcome my agoraphobia it was by night that I started. And it was for those reasons. Anxiety levels in general are lower at night so it makes sense. It's easier then to push boundaries as it takes more for anxiety levels to reach panic thresholds. And over time this brings a confidence which can be taken into the day. That is the plan. Many dog walks at night and gradual longer waljs by day light in time.

No comments: