"Birthday"
My youngest daughter's birthday was actually yesterday which I was all set to post about before someone turned on a tap and forgot to turn it off. 15 years old, where has the time gone? She was just 3 years old when I made my first post here and so much has changed. Not least the presents. Back then it was easy to create a big pile of wrapped presents which brought awe when the kids plodded through from their bedroom early in the morning. In time passed things have gotten smaller, more expensive and more virtual. Books, videos, music and even gaming all like in clouds now rather than packaging. It doesn't make much of a feast for the eye. As a result we have become more apologetic with each passing year spending more than the last with less to show. Its the way things have gone and to the kids everyone seems to have more than them whether it be the latest phone, their own room or a meet and greet with whoever is flavour of the month.
Still she seemed happy enough with her lot this time which is all we can ask for. I would say in the photo all the cards are from one side of the family and that is another big change. I'm not sure though whether that is something I should elaborate on but I'll think about it. In the past I would also post photos of the kids but they are at an age where they are not keen on that any more so I'll respect that. We are now done with birthdays until December thankfully so can now start to prepare for the new school term. There is change there too.
For years I posted here about trying to get to primary school and finally I managed it. That never stopped until lock dowse. Unfortunately that was the boy's last year. There was no big goodbye. When lockdown started there was still a good chance they would go back before the summer holidays but that never happened. It means also that place I tried for so long to get to I now will never return to as there is no need. That chapter is over. Time just passes too quickly.

No comments:
Post a Comment