"Hairdo"
It When lockedown started to ease some were chomping at the bit to get to where they had been forbidden to go. For some that was the airport on a jet plane out of here and for others it was a pub or a restaurant or to queue for years for a processed floppy cheeseburger. People had many venues to get to. One other such stop was the hairdressers. In the early days of lockdown there were some fantastic bed heads, mullets and other hair related monstrosities. On TV the likes of Ian Hyslop and Alexander Armstrong sporting some crackers. It was a good advertisement for the unsung work of the makeup departments for these celebs having to broadcast from home.
No such problem for me as I have not been in a barbers for at least 15 years. My wife got clippers years ago and shaves my head every so often- not as often as she'd like. A few times I've actually done it myself as it's not that difficult but I get a row for the state of the hairline which my wife inevitably insists on tidying up- I can't see it so I'd as soon just leave it.
It has brought about the debate in the media as to whether barbers in particular may lose out as a result. A lot of people have found through lockdown that they can save themselves some money by cutting their own hair. It will be interesting to see how it pans out. On one hand if I was able to go to the barber tomorrow I wouldn't because I have no need to. On the other hand the boy has had his hair cut numerous times by my wife but she still prefers taking him to get it done professionally. She also cuts her dad's hair too. Let us hope if there is an impact on business it's not enough to stop anyone returning to making their living his they chose to do so.

No comments:
Post a Comment