Tuesday, 7 July 2020

009 Alone



"Alone"

Alone. For the first time since lockdown started. My wife has taken the kids up north to see her dad and spend an overnight for the first time. As he is an octogenarian there will still be social distancing and she has gone equipped with sand wash, sanitizer and masks for all. It's only the second time she had been able to visit since this all started with a 120 mile round trip one day weeks ago being the previous occasion. I'd dearly love to be up there. Not just to get away from here but I love it up there. I miss it. I miss it so much but it will take a long time to climb that mountain again as I am back at the very bottom.

It's a bit of a change for me too in many ways. We have 2 sofas and for 24 hours I get to sprawl on the other one. Usually whatever I watch I watch on my phone, now that my laptop is no more, with headphones. Tonight I get the proper TV on a different sofa and get to watch and hear telly in a different way. And I will watch a lot because on my own I tend not to sleep well or early. In fact I will no doubt fall asleep on the couch watching Netflix. I tend not to sleep much but when I do it's usually when I am watching something free of my own thoughts. I tend to conk out.

So that is my night planned. Just me and the dog who is too mad and yappy to go on holiday. The foxes will have to go without tonight. Just me and the dog and a bit of TV with hopefully a bit more sleep than normal thrown in.

No comments: