"Water"
I've been trying for a long time to cut down on the number of cuppas I drink each day which is a bit too much. Even when I was working I drank far too much helped by being equipped with a vending card which gave free drinks. Even if it cost I doubt it would have slowed me down as I constantly had a dry mouth. My tea gulping 15 years on has not slowed down.
Recently I've started drinking flavoured water to reduce my caffeine intake. This is something I would have scoffed at years ago. I mean you get free water out the tap so why pay for it? I can't say for sure why but the water above hits the spot. Ive tried diluted juices with cold tap water and even with mineral water but nothing comes close. As a result I have started stockpiling. Not that I drink a lot of it. One bottle will do a few days or longer.
Having bigger gaps between cuppas has taught me what a difference it makes. If I go a day without a cuppa that first one is so good. You don't get that chain-drinking and that has given me good reason to cut down too.
The orange flavour hot me thinking back to something from when I was younger. I remember a drink named "Rise & Shine". It was a breakfast drink from Kellogs. If memory serves me right it was their version of fresh orange for breakfast- in powder form. The taste was very distinctive and to me lovely. Quite why they went down the powdered form route I can't say. I don't remember fresh orange juice when I was younger. I don't know if it was too costly or too difficult to manufacture. Or even maybe to do with fruit being seasonal back then. Not like now where you can get any fruit any day of the year. I used to look forward to Christmas for a tangerine in my stocking as that was the only time I got them. I'm not so sure having things available 365 days a year is such a good thing. I do think things are enjoyed more when they are sparing.

No comments:
Post a Comment