Thursday, 16 July 2020

018 Gulls



"Gulls"

Gulls are everywhere. I cannot remember any encounters with Gulls for most of my life up until the past 5 years ago. They were a coastal things. I saw them at Ayr with my grandparents, I heard them on the radio during reports from Aberdeen and that was the long and the short of it. Now they are everywhere. When it gets dark I hear them and when I'm take the dog for his last walk the hover and sometimes swoop. Everywhere you look they are there.

I'm not a fan. I don't wish harm to any creature but I've less sympathy towards them. They are getting aggressive. They are noisy. They are a constant irritant. And they are here to stay, everywhere.

2 comments:

Mel said...

You should hear the noise they're making outside my house right now! I grew up a five minute walk from the beach but I never saw a baby gull until I moved back after I had the girls and by then they had become a real problem. I'm sure you are aware how protective the parents are if you get too close to the young. I live a little further from the beach now, but still in the same town, and they are just as much of a problem here. It seems as time goes on they are moving further inland

Rab said...

Definitely. We are right in the middle and infested with them here. I noticed Melbourne has a real problem with them too.

As you said they ard very protective. The young are about now and the parents swoop at anything that comes close. Noisy sods too.