Saturday, 25 July 2020

027 Alone one more



"Alone once more"

My wife has taken the kids up north again to see her dad leaving me and the dog behind. Well actually we have some audible company in the shape of the alarm from that bloody church hall across the road which even with the radio on and windows closed nearing midnight can still be heard enough to irritate. That is unusual for me. I usually let sounds exist in the background until my wife points out they are there and irritating and from there I cannot ignore it. I cant find a contact number. There is an email to which my wife sent a scathing message the last time it went off with no reply or apology.

It's an irony that I am stuck here with this irritating sound while my family are up north, in Perth to be exact. I love it there. For the few years I lived and worked there I was at my happiest. I reluctantly gave up my flat there to come down to the central belt and live in the central belt. My one regret is that I did not dig in my heels and stay there. I would have preferred to bring up the kids there. I would, I feel, be less agoraphobic there. Instead I can't go there and instead I am stuck here. For now at least. Something to aspire to. Time though is running out in that regard which I will post about soon. Our base may not be there for long and so like a few other places when there is no reason to go to a place you tend not to go there.

No comments: