With the number of Omicron cases hitting new highs each day it seems a strange time for schools to return for the new year but that is what they done today. Mind you so far the bigger numbers are not seemingly not as bad as the hospitalisations which resulted from the Delta variant which is something at least. It has been said that this is not as much due to the variant but more to do with the amount of people triple vaccined or at least that is what I have taken from it but I have to admit I am not immersed in it. I catch bits by accident rather than seeking it out. I still not have been vaccinated which I also haven't tried to seek despite wanting it. I can't go to a vaccine centre and I think the medical people have enough to deal with so I stay away from people, wear my mask and wash my hands until that time comes. The kids have all had their first dose and the boy at the time he did became the youngest to do so in Perthshire. That is where the youngest two had theirs. The oldest went on her own to a vaccine centre out of town to queue on a cold Sunday morning which says a lot given she has a needle phobia. Fingers crossed this one passes more peacefully than the first strain which is still with us- I think. And despite how I started maybe it is better to get it out there. That though is easy to say when you have not been adversely affected by it. Many would wish differently.
Right now I am in a bit of an adjustment period from the holidays to getting into a routine. That was the idea at least. The past week I have not been doing much as I have been plagued by a stomach bug which is thankfully just past but I am still struggling to get started with this post viral lethargy which will take a bit of time to shake. So its a good time to adjust and plan and make that plan for the coming week. That plan is to start a new routine to stick to. I won't go into it but a bit of everything from shaving, dressing more smartly, a period for reading, period for CBT, period for walking and many more things. A routine to work to which I have never had since my working days. Having cereal and lunch for example. I think it will help. Its not something to record and measure but just do and feel inside if it helping. I expect sometime this year probably early the DWP routine to start again. I would love within all that to finally find an alternative- a work from home job or the like. Lots of hopes but I need more than ever to start putting these things into practice.
Its a new year, a new page. Time will tell.
No comments:
Post a Comment