Wednesday, 19 January 2022

Celestial phenomena

 


When I was young I don't remember anything strange in the sky. Maybe that is my mind. My memories are of long hot summers of clear blue skies and winters white with greys at best in between those periods. Rain sure but seldom thunder or even lightening. These latter two were big things because they were rare events but the thunder never changed and the lightening was either sheet or fork. Sleet and snow and other little variations but always the same sun in the day and at night a full, half or quarter moon. Simple. Maybe it was always like that. I possibly never looked up much in my youth and teens but I was certainly mroe aware into my twenties and thirties. In the past decade though that simplicity has changed- visibly. Yes we get more information now but even if there was no Internet I would see and hear these thinngs for myself.

No comments: