Saturday, 27 September 2008
Basking Shark
Out and about we find anxiety as agoraphobics. When panic comes we crumble inside and paranoia kicks in because we think all eyes are on us. In fact nobody looks. In our head we are a quivering wreck but outside of the mind we look normal to all else. This is why where possible it is good to look in a mirror and you will see the inner turmoil is not visible. For me it has a very calming effect.
The same cannot be said though of some other symptoms. Of late I have been really struggling with shallow breath so when I have been walking it invariably leads to hyperventalating. Still this is not visible to the outside word. A knock on effect though is. Without willing it my mouth opens agape in a yawn and can stay like that for long periods. It is like my subconcious is searching for air but all I catch are flies.
There I walk among the many like a basking shark and now I see the eyes have reason to find, heads have reason to turn. I cannot help it- in fact I am doing it now. The next time you see a basking shark while you are out and about please spare a thought.
Labels:
Air Swallowing,
Basking Shark,
Mouth,
Paranoia,
Yawn