When I make 1 step forward and 2 back there is usually a good reason for it in hindsight. I just wish I had the foresight to stop making the same mistakes. I have a plan and it is a plan that got me well before. It is simple but effective if I stick to it. In essence I tick two boxes Monday to Friday- a walk and CBT. On the weekend I have 1 more walk. That is it in essence. Within that I have two realistic goals in regards to walks that I try to achieve each week but I don't beat myself up if I cannot do them. One goal is distance and the other is location. So far having completed 4 weeks I have achieved 7 of my 8 goals. That is fine. And when I do not achieve a goal I set the same goals for the following week. When I do achieve them I increase the following week's goals enough to move on but not enough to keep failing. It is a simple plan. A tick for CBT, a tick for walking and allowing time to pass.
Within those goals are perimeters I work to which best serve. For example going for a walk in the dark when its quiet at 21:00 or thereabouts I do much better that 9:00 rush hour in daylight. It stands to reason. So I do the former and try to stick to that. My hope is that when I have the distance at a big enough level I will start to reduce the time of day for it by half an hour to an hour each time.
Not sticking to the plan sets me back
No comments:
Post a Comment