Wednesday, 28 September 2022

Therapy Allergy

 Not a real allergy but a mental one of sorts. Given my ever growing anxiety and panic issues I have been reaching for my CBT again as it served me well before. I know it can take me to where I need to go. The only problem is that in the early days, now, it feels like its doing more harm that good. Having to face the things I buried away is causing all sorts of anxiety problems. What to do though? If I don't do it then I will get worse but if I do it then I get worse short term but will benefit longer. No brainer but either way its a short term night mare and "short term" is a piece of string. It certainly won't be days, possibly will be weeks but could even be months. I feel drained and when you are drained it is hard to just put yourself straight back into it again. It feels like there is no respite.

No comments: