Last week the Queen died rather suddenly and I think it brought a lot of shock to the land. As I said previously when Prince Phillip died I do not have any kind of opinion on the Royal family good or bad- except maybe for Andrew. But its strange when you are detatched and yet feel something quite strong. I did feel a great sadness when it was announced. My wife had the new channel on and at the time the updates were all about her ill health and her family en route to Balmoral. None of us knew she had died earlier in the day. Then Huw Edwards read out a statement and it didn't seem right at all. It was supposed to be an update on her condition, did her just say the Queen dies this morning? I shouted my wife who was in the kitchen to confirm it. And then I thought I heard him mention the King. What? But it was as I heard it. The queen had died hours before and the public were unaware as they prayed for her recovery and hence fourth her oldest son was not being referred to as Prince Charles but King Charles.
Its a surreal thing. I am 50 years old and I have only ever known a Queen of this land. There are people older than me who can say the same. Now we have a king.
No comments:
Post a Comment