Wednesday, 8 April 2020

Corona




Eddie large has died from Corona and the PM is down with it. This thing is indiscriminate in choosing its victims and the severity with which it bites. The toll keeps rising. 16 or 19 in Wales takes the UK total to 2000 the other day. Its not even at its peak yet. Then the Scottish figure. I said to my wife I could not believe Scotland had less deaths than Wales. There was a reason. One day I was astounded to read deaths had jumped from 76 to 126. Wtf! 50 overnight. Turns out it was 10 overnight and 40 from previous days where covid19 had not been proven at that time to be the cause. 78 year old Eddie Large. A 68 year old Scottish man named who knew quite quickly he was dying and did. A 52 year old American song writer. Its rapid and vicious and discriminates against no-one. Scary times.

Unfortunately that is all there is at the moment. We are all locked behind closed doors at the moment. For me a dog walk is my only release. I am glad now we have a dog or there would be no reason to go out. My wife's work is closed but this week she started doing meal deliveries for old folks in care homes. That brings concern too. Apart from that the days are long and the news is grim.

In my 5 decades on this planet I cannot remember a scarier time. I don't have any bad memories from my childhood and they all seem to have been of long hot summers. My grandparents had the war to contend with in their youth. For the kids this must be incredibly frightening because not only does this look bad but we have no idea where it will end or what it will lead to. 

No comments: