I am in danger of running out of things to say for sure. I could talk about coronavirus throughout the world and the figures but not only would that be depressing it would also mean going and finding out more because I am shielding from it where I can. I could talk about the long days indoors and the angst that brings. I could talk about the great work being done by NHS staff to treat and care for people or the shop workers keeping us all supplied each day or the logistical people keeping it all threaded together. In time I think people will look back and see heroes in this time who went over and above to keep this little island ticking that maybe do not get all the gratitude they deserve at the moment.
For us its still the slow grind. The exception is my wife who is doing deliveries to people at the moment as part of a council led initiative. To my knowledge it is exclusively for older people as many deliveries are to nursing homes. I think from what she says many enjoy the company as much as the hot meal as they may not see anyone for long periods. And sadly that part is being reduced so some suit can get the delivery times down to look good on a spreadsheet. Anyway for now it is rewarding my wife says but rather selfishly I still fear more outdoor contact wife people increases the risk for all of us indoors. Lets face it if one of us gets it we are all getting it.
The walks remain the single break from the mundane for the rest of us. The dog gets several shorts walks a day but also one long one where he gets to proper stretch. And its good for us too. Being out in the woodlands and near rivers and general outdoors is good mentally. I am used to it now. Its more for the kids really to stop them going mad indoors. It started as a big of a chore to be honest but now its enjoyable so we must be doing something right.
No comments:
Post a Comment