Wednesday, 22 January 2020

Schools are back


 



I am still not really in the mood for going into the death of my mother-in-law but will do in the next post. One thing I did want to say though was that although it was an illness of around a year the end came very quickly. It was not my intention to restart the blog in such a sombre mood so quickly. The timing was otherwise apt given it was the start of a new year and new decade. I did consider not mentioning it at all but its such a big thing that I felt I should. There are things that remain personal and not for online but in this instance it has its place. I am not posting any pictures, names or details really in relation to it so I feel it needs mentioning. 

The kids returned to school this week despite their loss and were welcome of the distraction  I think. The photo above is of one of my morning chores. Sometimes I do get the ironing out the way at the weekend or even the night before but mostly its on the morning. At this time of year the warmth it provides is a bonus however temporary. In some ways it feels like the end of an era. My oldest has left school, her sister is still at high school but the boy is in his last year of primary. That has been a journey for all of us. It started in 2008 possibly. I'm struggling to remember. It started with the oldest and I could not attend her first day. In fact I did not really walk her to school until her last couple of years. The school run was such a big obstacle for so long and now there are only months of it left after years of trying to do it. I think of the summer fair, the winter fair, sports day and all the other events which were stepping stones also for me to getting better. Even they changed. I have lots of pictures from most of those times but last time they stopped people using cameras so I am thankful for the years I did capture. Still some time left though and I remain the one doing the drops off and pick up for primary. 

Its all go and like the kids have never been away. The old routine feels like jet lag the first few weeks so we are all struggling with that on the cold dark mornings. Life goes on regardless.

No comments: