Sunday, 30 June 2013
Stasis
The start of the long cold cloudy summer starts with the end of school and a home full of noisy kids bouncing off the walls with boredom. Like caged animals the few days of sun that brought promise are a distant memory keeping the kids in doors. Another dreary summer looms ahead by the looks of things. The only break in play comes this week when family go down South for an outdoor wedding for a few days something I am unable to attend even if it was something I wanted to- probably not as I am not a fan of weddings.
So its a slowing down of all things and unfortunately the walks too. I have managed to get to the nursery and in for the past 4 weeks and now that stops dead. In fact going near the school and nursery stops for the whole holidays as its in a cul de sac and walking up the gates when its shut might just look a bit weird even by my standards. Its a kind of two month stasis which most people would welcome but my fear is that it will be a loss of ground and difficult to pick back up again. I feel in a limbo of some sort.
Maybe though its also an opportunity to do new things. That was almost knocked on the head with yet more problems with the car but this problem I managed to work around. The mechanic is too busy to look at it for a while so I have been lucky to find a stop gap solution. We got the car back "fixed" from his last jaunt away and in the morning the battery was dead. So after countless times getting a jump start only to find it dead the next day I finally found it was a loose wire behind the dashboard. Not something I have the skills or tools to fix and not something I want to dabble with. What is happening is the full beam is coming on by itself and draining the battery. Easy to see at night but with these long days of daylight and the car parked around the back it was only a chance discovery. Anyway after some brainstorming I located the fuses for this part of the lights and removed them. Its done the trick and for now will do as the car is not used in the dark- even at that the full beam would not be needed. So a little pride in that.
It opens up the opportunity to go places or at least try. My wife still works on which is a benefit to me being able to look after the kids now without that overwhelming anxiety it used to cause- a good sign. But every second week she works late so that gives us the chance during the day to go somewhere- weather permitting. I really do not know what the summer will bring but its probably best not to know and just let it be whatever it is and try to make the most of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment