Sunday, 9 June 2013

Paradise



We went by car to pick up the boy and unlike the day before it was not panic from start to finish. It was OK, I wasn't looking for it. And I went in an we took him out. Then a drive and my wife tried somewhere different. Somewhere off the beaten track. So we arrived- not far. And we sat. The sun was shining and a path led somewhere. So we went and we followed and just as I was about to turn back feeling the the pull of agoraphobia strongly to scurry home I saw water. I had to go on. And from this concrete jungle had sprouted a hidden paradise. Beautiful. Different.

Until that moment I had never seen a dragonfly and for whatever reason wanted to see one. Maybe the photography bug. Suddenly I was amid hundreds of them. Like blue turquoise sticks with wings. Tool loads of photos, for once had the camera with me, and managed to get a decent shot of one of the little winged beasties among all the blurry attempts.

It felt like I was somewhere else, somewhere better. A nice end to an eventful week. I want to go back again.

No comments: