Thursday, 20 January 2011

In the clouds




Credit to the oldest daughter at the start of the week who despite being ill insisted on going to school and felt better for it when she came home- looked better too as in the morning she did look poorly. But her younger sister didn't get the choice this morning. We couldn't get her out of bed to begin with and she looked ghastly when we did plonk her down to her cereal. Despite being hungry she just couldn't eat and when I felt how hot she was I decided there would be no school today. I suppose its to be expected when the kids go back to school having avoided the bugs over the holiday period. We've all had a bit of this and that this week as I am sure most parents have.

After a week almost of not having to have the heating on except for in the morning so the kids don't get up to school in the cold it was a return to burning notes again today. What a contrast to yesterday. The clear blue skies were hidden, as was most of the world, behind a blanket of mist. It wasn't until I went for a walk that I realised just how dense it was. I couldn't even see the road at the bottom of my street and only passing headlights and the noise of engines allowed me to know they were there. Also a bit of a shock was just how cold it was. Later my wife had a hospital appointment out of town and when she came back at midday she reported it was -6 in the car. A freezing fog.

I though quite liked it. It gave me the cover to get the camera out and start taking some photos while wandering about. It did though feel strange because it could really have been any time of day. It was timeless. I think I wouldn't mind living in the clouds at all.