Wednesday, 9 March 2022

The road is long

 A week on, more than a week actually, my wife and kids are still testing positive for COVID19. Thankfully the worst of the symtpoms are passed. The kids are well on their way but the cough remains and congestion with it. My wife and I however are finding it harder to shake. Definitely passed the worst of it but still not getting over it. Congestion, weakness, balance issues, sweats and so many more little symptoms still holding us back. My wife hates being off work but has just been signed off for 2 weeks. I don't have a workplace of course so I just need to get back to walking, CBT and all that but at the moment finding it hard. Not this week anyway for walks. Just taking the dog out is a chore on my breathing and leaves me a bit panicky after. Its like a really bad head cold. My ears are blocked and my head is too causing a sense of unreality and annoyance at having to ask people to repeat themselves constantly. Too long on my feet and I come out in sweats and feel the need to sit down with a weight pushing down on my shoulders. It will pass in itime. The worst is over. It just takes time. 

No comments: