Wednesday, 3 November 2021

COP26

 I feel stimied at that the moment. I look online and see all these wonderful images of people bursting with the conviction of saving the planet. Its a wonderful array of characters. And its only 10 minutes away on the train. There is a cast of A-listers from Barrack Obama to David Attenborough to the other end of the age scale Greta Thunburg. I have the cameras, the train station is just down the way, I've done it in the past few years but at the moment I am hamstrung with this iritable anxiety- not to forget I am not vaccinated as a consequence so would not put others at risk for my own ends anyway. 

Its a week where climate change is very alive in Scotland with the south of the coutry right down to the borders under water and battered by rain amid evactuations. Horrible brown smelly water strangling normal life in small towns a good stone's throw away from private jets hurtling towards Glasgow burning all their bad contents all over the land. Why could this event not be virtual? If ever an event was required to be held virtually was it not this one? 

No comments: