A few nights ago I was sitting reading a book on the sofa in the evening after the kids had all gone to sleep. My wife as usual was manning the controls to the television and unearthing all sorts of background annoyances. I was then aware at some point that she was watching a film. I knew the voice straight away and looked up to see Robin Williams looking a bit like someone you wouldn't leave alone with your kids. "One hour photo" was the name of the film. I knew this even though I've never seen it. At some point in the past I lifted up the cover in a DVD cover in a shop and somehow it stuck. I used to browse and buy lots of DVDs.
I had no wish to put down my book which I was enjoying to watch a film I didn't fancy so continued reading. As is always the case though I was getting pulled in and distracted which leads to me reading the same sentences over and over again. The Robin Williams character was in some sort of eating area talking to a woman and she was enquiring about a book he was reading. Then he quoted a line:
"The things that we fear the most have already happened to us."
I didn't take that from memory as I will explain in a minute. The quote struck me as quite profound and I started to relate it to my own fears. It struck a chord. Not having anything other than a rough idea of the quote the next day after a google search I found the quote on IMDB as it was listed as a main tagline associated with the film. It then took a bit longer but finally I found out the quote was a attributed to a man named Deepak Chopra. He sounded interesting. I had a look on amazon at his books and one struck me straight away by the name of Synchrodestiny. Its all about how you can make synchronicity and destiny work for you. It has me intrigued, I may yet buy it. But it wouldn't have even entered my mind to buy it had it not been for the film being on in the background one night.
Anyway I found myself on a blog by an anxiety sufferer today and read through the first post. Unfortunately I cannot remember the name, not a regular haunt. Within the post I read something about "Vata Dosha". I had no idea what this was but just that its description sounded like me. As I read on to the end I noticed there was a link to take a quiz relating to this and so I clicked on it. I was pretty bemused to find it opened a window to the site of a man named Deepak Chopra. Yes the very same man. Someone who wrote about synchrodestiny who I had never happened upon before had suddenly cropped up twice via one line from a film. Synchronicity at least. Destiny? Not sure.
