Monday, 4 July 2011
Getting out
Its all been about the good weather. What a difference it makes to my mood and thus my anxiety- in a positive way. Just being able to sit outside for seven hours makes the mind much more calm. Maybe even the rays of the sun play their part given the lack of them in this part of the world and so much less for the agoraphobic found mostly indoors. Also I think there is less ruminating outside as the tendancy for me is to externalise more and interact with the world around which I don't do indoors where it is mainly introspection.
Having my little compact camera in my pocket helps with that process by looking for opportunities to capture something or even just watching the world go by. One of the things I have noticed since taking an interest in photography is I observe a lot more when I am outside. Much more mindful even. A good thing.
Its not much of a garden, if a garden at all, we have but better than nothing. Sure its small and its exposed but at least its somewhere to go outside when the weather is this good. Some people don't even have that. But being so exposed is something I don't like. I grew up with bigger gardens and fences. Here there is a busy church across the road with a school club so people are in and out all the time right on top of us. And it seems to be a main thoroughfare around here with lots of people walking by on a good day.
I sometimes wonder if I would be better in a warmer climate rather than the mostly dark and cold of Scotland. But then again I wonder too much, that is my problem. At least for now I am wondering a lot less during the day and just soaking up the sun.
My wife bought the kids cheap waterpistols from the local supermarket which proved to be a hit- even with the adults. Wasn't long before other kids were creeping up and joining in. I got soaked. We all got soaked. It was good fun though. My only concerns were for my camera, my phone and my kindle- when I had it out. The downside being the kids it brought. Curious to see what was going on. Wanting to join in. One kid left to wonder, too young. Some pushy kids, some kids too forward. None abusive though. I guess boredom brought them our way but that is where I miss the fence.
Lastly the kids were at a party and got their face painted. Here the boy is made up to be some sort of villain. The girls had butterflies. I didn't have anything of course but the smile was a change from the usual frown.
Labels:
En-Em,
Face Painting,
Family,
Garden,
Sunny,
Water Fight,
Wife


